Welcome and thank you for your interest in CUSD’s Early Education Schools, known as Coronado Preschool. Below you will find information about our PreK offerings and our application. If you have any questions about the application or enrollment process, please contact the Preschool Enrollment Office at one of our two locations or by email. Office hours are from 8:00AM-3:30PM Monday through Friday.
199 Sixth St.Coronado, CA 92118
Tel.619.522.8923 Ext. 6085
Silver Strand Preschool
1350 Leyte Rd Coronado, CA 92118
Tel.619.522.8923 Ext. 4096
CUSD currently offers the following PreK options:
- Part-Day State Funded PreK (both locations)
- Part-Day Tuition Based PreK (Crown only)
PreK follows the CUSD TK-12 school calendar from Aug – June.
To be eligible for PreK, children must be at least 3-years-old and no more than 4-years-old on or before the first day of school for the year they wish to enroll. Additionally, all students must be fully potty trained.
Below is the registration criteria which determines a family’s eligibility for enrollment in either our tuition based or state-funded program.
- Part-Day State Funded PreK is based on family size and income along with IEP status.
- Part-Day Tuition Based PreK is available for those families who do not qualify for State Funding.
To apply for PreK, all families must present the following along with their PreK application. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Current Immunizations (child must have 3-Polio, 4-DTP, 1-HIB, 3-HepB, 1-Varicella and 1-MMR)
- Original or Certified Copy of Birth Certificate
- Two (2) Current Utility Bills as proof of residency including name and address
- As of Feb 1, 2020 a non-refundable application fee of $100.00, payable to “Coronado Unified School District”must be submitted with the application for each child you wish to enroll (cash, check or charge accepted).
Families applying for state-funding must present the additional documents with the application to waive the fee. Documents must be originals.
- Family's current proof of income for all employed parents/guardians, using one of the follwing:
Military LES statement
Pay stub(s) equivalent to one(1) month's income
Prior year's Tax Statement
Self-Employemed current profit/loss statement
PreK programs have limited space and preference is given to returning families through the month of February only. Starting in March, all applications are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis and will be reviewed, verified and placed on an eligibility list (State-Funded) or waiting list (Tuition Based). You will be contacted mid-March of acceptance and a formal registration appointment will be scheduled for all families as soon as allowable by the current pandemic.
Please Note: Although we will do our best to accommodate your child, completing an application does not guarantee enrollment.