Admissions and Application
(scroll down this webpage for the link to the applicaton)
Welcome and thank you for your interest in CUSD’s Early Education Schools, known as Coronado Preschool. Below you will find information about our preschool offerings and our application. If you have any questions about the application or enrollment process, please CLICK HERE for contact information.
CUSD currently offers the following PreK options:
- Part-Day State-Funded PreK (both locations)
- Part-Day Tuition Based PreK (both locations)
8:15 to 11:15 AM at both locations
12:05 to 3:05 PM at both locations
PreK follows the CUSD TK-12 school calendar from Aug – June.
To be eligible for preschool, children must be at least 3-years-old. It is recommended to apply at least 6 weeks prior to the third birthday. Enrollment will be based off of state guidelines for CA State Preschool Programs (CSPP). Private pay is based on a combination of age and application date.
Below are the registration criteria which determine a family’s eligibility for enrollment in either our tuition-based or state-funded program.
- Part-Day State-Funded PreK is based on family size and income along with IEP status.
- Part-Day Tuition Based PreK is available for those families who do not qualify for State Funding.
APPLICATION - 23/24
APPLICATION - 23/24
23/24 application was posted on 3.3.3023
Acceptance follows the state guidelines for state funded programs. Private pay families are accepted after the qualifiying families and accepted in order of application. Our max capacity is 48 at Village and 48 at Silver Strand.
To apply for preschool, all families must present the following along with their preschool application. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Current Immunizations (child must have 3-Polio, 4-DTP, 1-HIB, 3-HepB, 1-Varicella and 1-MMR)
- Original or Certified Copy of Birth Certificate for the preschool-aged student AND all siblings/youth living in the household.
- Two (2) Current Utility Bills as proof of residency including name and address
- A non-refundable application fee of $100.00, payable to “Coronado Unified School District” must be submitted with the application for each child you wish to enroll (cash, check, or charge accepted). If your child has an IEP (Special Education) OR qualifies for the free, state-funded program, the application fee is waived.
Families applying for state-funding must present the additional documents with the application to waive the fee. Documents must be originals.
- Family's current proof of income for all employed parents/guardians, using one of the following:
- Military LES statement
- Pay stub(s) equivalent to one(1) month's income
- Prior year's Tax Statement
- Self-Employemed current profit/loss statement
Please Note: Although we will do our best to accommodate your child, completing an application does not guarantee enrollment.
Preschool tours are available, please contact:
Village Preschool: 619) 522-8915 Ext. 5090
Silver Strand Preschool: 619) 522-8934, Ext. 4096
Fill out the form below.